Can federally qualified healthcare centers (FQHCs) provide comprehensive reproductive healthcare services? Yes. In Healthcare Business Today, DJR García’s CEO/Shareholder Deborah J. Rotenberg explains how, with legal counsel, FQHC providers can successfully navigate around federal funding restrictions to deliver abortion services. This is particularly important for two reasons: (1) many out-of-state residents are now traveling to California for abortion services in a post-Dobbs environment; and (2) pending the outcome of a recent lawsuit challenging the FDA’s approval of mifepristone, one of the two drugs used in medication abortion services, may become unavailable, which could threaten access to abortion services even more.
- Join Deborah Rotenberg and Lauren Barker at CPCA 2023 to Discuss FQHC Obstetric Care Challenges
- California Supreme Court Ruling Resolves Ambiguity on FQHCs’ Allowable Costs for Medi-Cal Outreach Activities
- Supreme Court Decision Impacts False Claims Act Liability and Proposed Changes to Overpayment Identification
- DJR García speaking at California Primary Care Association (CPCA) 2023 Financial Conference for CFOs
- SB 24: The Most Important DV Law You May Not Know About